published on 11 February 2016
1 Big Database has been providing information to thousands of families since 2004 and we are delighted to be launching our new look web site.
The new site has been designed in response to feedback we have received from you in Bristol, Bath and South Gloucestershire, and we really hope you all find it a useful tool to find out about organisations, support, events and other useful things going on in your area.
The new 1 Big Database brings lots of features and improvements including:
- a fresh, new design and layout that functions seamlessly across mobile phones and tablets.
- redeveloped searching across the site, introducing a new 'site wide' keyword search that allows you to search providers, events and other resources all in one click.
- our new location search which is far more flexible and allows you to enter postcodes, regions, road names, areas - and 'auto completes' to help you choose the exact area you wish to search.
- new 'intelligent' searching technology that, over time, learns from user behaviour, leading to more accurate and useful search results throughout the site.
- a new 1 Big Database news page where we'll making announcements and publishing useful articles, such as the extra hours of childcare in 2017.
- integration with the NHS Choices Service Finder, giving access to the contact details of GP surgeries, hospitals and pharmacies throughout the country
- easy access to travel information to events, activities and providers.
The new site also sees the launch of enhanced childcare information for parents in Bath and North East Somerset! Childcare providers are now able to publish much more detail about their settings, including their mission statement, current vacancies available and extended cost information. This enhanced childcare data will also be available for providers based in South Gloucestershire from March 2016.
Finally, we are very keen to get as much feedback as we possibly can about the new web site, so please do send your thoughts through to the 1 Big Database team - however you feel; good, bad or indifferent - we'd love to hear from you and every bit of feedback helps us improve the site.