published on 18 February 2016
The Prince’s Trust will be running “Hospitality” in various hospitality settings around Bristol from 29th February to the 18th of March.
Get into Hospitality is a FREE practical training programme for young people aged 18 to 25 who are unemployed but work-ready and interested in a career in hospitality.
By work ready we mean:
- in need of further development and opportunities available on the programme to help get a job in the sector
- available to work the hours required in the sector
- willing and enthusiastic about working in the sector
- and able to take up job offers
In addition, they would expect young people to be able to travel independently.
By taking part in this programme, young people will:
- gain skills and experience to enable you to work in Hospitality
- gain qualifications in Food Safety Level 2 and First Aid. Training as a welcome host in hospitality is also included in the programme
- improve your team work, communication, CV writing, interviewing skills and boost your confidence
- receive six months support after the programme to help you to find a job
Placements are available in various hospitality settings.
Travel costs reimbursed for the Taster Day and for the duration of the programme.
The Taster day will be on 25th of February 2016 at the Prince’s Trust office. Young people will be made aware of details of this when they are booked onto the taster day.
Referring a young person:
Wherever possible, please complete a referral form for a young person you would like to refer. It really does help them to get a better understanding of a young person’s current situation and needs and helps them assess their suitability for the programme. Young people with an unspent conviction will be considered on a case by case basis. The referral form must be completed if you are referring a young person who has an unspent conviction, in line with the Working with Offenders Policy (policy available upon request).
The quickest way to refer a young person is through their brand new website, www.princes-trust.org.uk. Please email completed referral forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julia Palmer on 07436 582 249.Back to News Articles