Organisation Contact Details
More About The Organisation
A free and fun family-based programme focusing on learning about choosing healthier foods, being more active, achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
Family, food and fun is a new programme which has been developed in Bristol through a partnership between Bristol City Council and NHS Bristol in response to feedback from local families for a programme which runs once a week.
What happens on the programme?
A parent or carer attends each session with their child.
Sessions last 1.5 hours and consist of:
* 30 minutes of parents and children learning about healthy lifestyles
* 30 minutes of parents and children doing fun activities about healthy lifestyles
* 30 minutes of childrens’ games/sports whilst parents have a group discussion session.
Who is it for?
Any family who has a child aged between 5 and 14 years old and is concerned about their weight, eating and lifestyle habits.
* Does your child wear clothes that are for children aged older than them?
* Do they watch TV/play on the computer for more than two hours a day?
* Do they snack regularly on unhealthy foods: Eat a packet of crisps/chocolate bar/sweets more than a couple of times a week?
* Do they do less than an hour of physical activity a day (outside of school)?
* Do you as a family feel that you struggle to eat a healthy diet?
When and where does it take place?
We will be running term time and holiday programmes.
Term time programmes run once per week for an hour and a half, this could be early evening or on the weekend and last for 10 weeks. Holiday programmes will have a different format.
We are working with community organisations and sports centres across Bristol.