Organisation Contact Details
More About The Organisation
NRICH is a team of qualified teachers who are also practitioners in RICH mathematical thinking. This unique blend means that NRICH is ideally placed to offer advice and support to both teachers and learners of mathematics.
NRICH has been directly involved in the development of the National Curriculum. This means that we can offer informed guidance and practical advice and help in its implementation.
NRICH aims to:
* Enrich the experience of the mathematics curriculum for all learners
* Offer challenging and engaging activities
* Develop mathematical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Show rich mathematics in meaningful contexts
* Work in partnership with teachers, schools and other educational settings
For teachers of mathematics, we:
* Offer you FREE enrichment material (Problems, Articles and Games) at all Key Stages that really can help to inspire and engage learners and embed RICH tasks into everyday practice.
* Help to promote RICH thinking in classrooms by offering on-line and face-to-face support at Primary and Secondary level.
* Deliver professional development courses and workshops in rich mathematics.
* Help teachers to think strategically about 'next steps' and progression in problem solving.
And for those learning mathematics, we:
* Provide FREE and interesting mathematical games, problems and articles.
* Encourage you to share your solutions to our mathematical problems.
* Have Mathematicians that can help you to solve problems - just 'Ask NRICH'!
* Offer a safe online space where you can meet others with similar interests.
A note for parents:
* NRICH is a joint project between the Faculties of Mathematics and Education at The University of Cambridge
* Our FREE and extensive Rich Resource Bank has been designed to meet the needs of learners from ages 5 to 19 (Key Stages 1 to 5).
* Our resources are tested and proven and do make a difference.
* Rich tasks are suitable for learners of all ages and abilities.