Organisation Contact Details
More About The Organisation
Well at School is a new website created by Chelsea Community Hospital School.
Well at School aims to provide information, advice and resources to everyone working with children and young people who may be affected by a medical or mental health condition.
This will be of particular interest to:
· Teachers in mainstream and special schools
· Teaching assistants
· Voluntary organisations
· Staff working in extended school provision
· Pupil Referral Units
· School Governors
· Head Teachers
· Officers responsible for Special Needs provision in Local Authorities
· Parents may also find the website helpful
The Well at School website provides up to date information on a range of medical and mental health conditions, as well as practical strategies, including the student’s views, on what schools need to do.
Information includes the following key issues:
· 60% of pupils with a medical or mental health condition report being bullied at school.
Strategies to support the pupil, family and the school.
· 92% of pupils will experience a significant bereavement during their time at school.
How to reduce the impact of this loss on their learning.
· Searching on Google for information on Autism provides well over 1,000,000 sites.
We provide up to date information which includes links to reliable websites.