Organisation Contact Details
More About The Organisation
Our purpose is to ensure that children and young people in England have the space and opportunity to play freely as part of their daily lives, at school and other services, at home, and throughout the public realm.
We promote the adoption of the Charter for Children's Play as a broad and abiding statement of how adult society should support children's play as a human right under Article 31 of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child.
It's our job to:
* promote local play strategies
* build partnerships for play
* research and demonstrate the benefits of play
* promote equality and diversity in play provision
* raise awareness and promote standards.
We also give advice and support to anyone involved in the strategic development of children's play.