Keyword search (Google style)
Search suggestions: As you type your search term, suggested terms will appear to select from. For example:
If you start to type 'd', 'a', 'n', a box will be presented allowing a suggested term to be selected and used:
- examples: 'dance' , 'dancing' , 'dance classes' , 'dance halls'
Refining your search
You are able to refine your search, without using the advanced search interfaces, by following the formats included below:
- Dance Class : records containing "dance" and "class"
- "Dance class" : records containing the phrase "Dance class"
- Dance | class : records containing "dance" or "class"
- Dance !class : records containing "dance" but not "class"
You are able to use a combination of the keyword search and the advanced search to refine you search. You can filter your results by selecting from the following options (please note you can use a combination of the filters together):
- Postcode : you can find organisations with the closest proximity to your address. The closest organisations will appear first in the search results.
- Organisation initial : only displays organisations beginning with that initial.
- Organisation type : this will allow you to search for particular types of organisations.
- Search scope : select to search for local organisations, events on the What's on calendar, or National organisations.
- Area / Location : only displays organisations in a geographical area.